Smaller interface = shorter slide content #EngagingScreenagers

DrWarren demonstrating engagement practices #EngagingScreenagers

Smaller interface = shorter slide content #EngagingScreenagers

Learning from digital marketing research, we find there are several practices we can use to support mobile and blended learning.

  
Teachers can prioritize using short, concise slide content lines to make their content quick to read and easy to digest.
Research on unique content lines revealed that three-word content lines have the highest engagement, but seven-word subject lines are most common.
DrWarren demonstrating engagement practices #EngagingScreenagers
DrWarren demonstrating engagement practices #EngagingScreenagers








Word choice is extremely important given you only get a few.
When drafting a slide content lines, stay away from these trigger words that ranked low on engagement rate:
  • Free, help, reminder—as these trigger learners as they often associate with spam emails and with bombarding, repetitive messages
  • Tired internet slang such as bae, fleek, ftw—rank low on engagement because they are mistaken for text messages
Isn’t it time we use easier to read tools to support our Engaging Screenagers with real-time, interactive learning?


Won’t we be learning from marketing to give them the gift of learning so they will continue learning for life?
Wouldn’t it be a shame if educators had these free, powerful, and effective tools but didn’t use them because they don’t like change?

Give learners eWorkbooks so they will learn for life.

Engagement background before eWorkbooks
As a trainer and university lecturer in the USA, I had great success in my training and classrooms by engaging my learners in ways I had learned from my Dale Carnegie Instructor Training. (optimal engagement)
After earning my Doctoral Degree researching engaging instruction in adult education and training and development, I started a training business in Hong Kong.
But something was wrong, I was struggling in this new culture (I’ve a cattle rancher’s son from Colorado, USA) to find ways to inspire and motivate my students in Hong Kong.
In the classroom, I preferred having students engage in learning activities instead of lecturing.
I struggled through trying several paper worksheets and workbooks to guide students, but I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. (junk engagement)
When the smart phone with the ability to search the internet came along, I could see my students were curating (searching, finding, collecting, commenting, changing, and sharing.)
I thought, “Why not do that for learning?”, so I started asking them to answer questions, interact with information and classmates, and go find examples of the learning content using their mobile devices.
eWorkbook development and success
I began searching for possibilities and I struggled testing several apps, until we created best practices using eWorkbooks, and after testing them, began to use eWorkbooks full time in class.
Students [Engaging Screenagers] completed eWorkbooks using their mobile devices) as they were building habits of learning interactively.
Students used eWorkbooks to while I lead the discussion and guided them, and after they submitted their answers, they would get their responses sent to their inbox so they could review their learning Moments of Growth(optimal engagement)
Because the students’ responses from eWorkbooks go right into a spreadsheet in real-time, as the teacher I can monitor what students are doing to give them guidance in the moment, as well as track their learning develop over time.
Other Resources
You can see examples of screen innovations for Optimal Experiences at JOIN THE CURATION: Google+.
Remember to engage tomorrow.
Following with you.
Keep it simple.
All the Best, Warren
SOCIAL
Dr Warren LINGER © 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Keys Engaging Screenagers Best Improve Their Learning Time

Thinking/Talking vs. Trying/Feedback: Engaging Screenagers

4 Steps To Curate A Safe Place To Fail: Engaging Screenagers