Screenagers and All Others Choose Growth for Greatness

Last night I got an email asking, “Dr Warren, why did you want to study communications when you went back to Graduate School?”
One evening I was talking with a friend (Yes, talking is important in my life.) and I was asking her about her career and she said she took a sales training course.
This friend who was in sales, had take the Dale Carnegie Sales Course, and asked if I had heard of Dale Carnegie.
I told her I had heard of his book How to Win Friends and Influence People, but had not read it.
This is a key point. My life/career/relationships were going no where, and at the time I wasn’t reading much nor was I taking courses to improve myself.
How many times have you heard that? A Screenager, or anyone else really, says their life sucks, and he/she isn’t doing anything to improve his/her life.
Basically I wasn’t doing anything, and there I sat that night feeling poor about my lot in life.
My friend knew I had held several leadership positions while attending The University of Colorado, so she asked what was the difference.
I thought it may have something to do with not having opportunities to stand and speak to audiences and get people excited.
She gave me the contact information for a sales rep from the local Dale Carnegie sponsor and I was off to the races. In the back of my mind I was concerned the course was going to be Junk-Engagement all the way through. Boy, I am so happy to Innovate My Set Thinking (Change My Mindset) and say, “I was so wrong.” 
I was going to try something new, and something happened in that Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking and Human Relations Course.
  • Learning was lively.
  • Learning was fun.
  • Learning was interactive.
  • Learning was informative
  • Learning was challenging.
  • Learning was engaging.
  • Learning was freedom.
  • Learning was high value engagement.
Although I had been a top vote getter several times, I only received one top vote getter award for speaking in that class.
As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I had wanted to be a trainer from an early age, because I wanted to help others, like I had been helped as a flailing Screenager, by a few people.
That’s why I started working in Human Resources to begin my career, but I had not grown much from leading new employee orientations and HR LAN (Remember those?) trainings.
By the time I had finished the Dale Carnegie course, I had what Zig in his book, Over The Top, calls a glimmer of hope.
Upon graduating from the Dale Carnegie course, I found I continued using, most every day, many of the skills I had developed in that course.
How many courses have you taken in your life where you can go out and use, and continue to use, what you learned. Beyond Dale Carnegie course, Ultimate Dot Com Lifestyle Course, and my courses, there is not a lot out there.
After that course, as a trainer, I made it one of my objectives for any class/course/seminar I lead/attend, to support others/myself to find ways to apply what we learned right away. I want everyone to experience Optimal Engagement in my courses.
A wise saying goes, “When you are climbing ladder to improve your life it is easier to keep climbing than to get off the ladder and start climbing again.” That’s even more true when you start in a hole, like I did, when you get off the ladder you fall all the way back down to the bottom.
When I took that course I realize that the more engaged you are in learning a classroom the more you will use what you engaged in learning. With the free technology from Google Apps, I monitor (automated) as much engagement as the tools will allow to make sure my students/I are/am engaged to optimal levels.

DrWarren Showing Massive Learning Analytics Generated from eWorkbooks with Google Forms
DrWarren Showing Massive Learning Analytics Generated from eWorkbooks with Google Forms








I realized, one of the best ways to keep myself growing for greatness was to go back to university and study communications to become a great trainer.

Read good books, attend good courses, make your life great.

You can see examples of screen innovations for Optimal Experiences on JOIN THE CURATION: Google+.
Remember, come join tomorrow to see Improving Your Customer Service with Screenagers inspirational ideas for Optimal Engagement in the ScreenAge.
Remember to engage tomorrow.
Following you then.
Keep it simple.
All the Best, Warren
You can see examples of screen innovations for Optimal Experiences on JOIN THE CURATION: Google+.
Remember, come join tomorrow to see Improving Your Customer Service with Screenagers inspirational ideas for Optimal Engagement in the ScreenAge.
Remember to engage tomorrow.
Following you then.
Keep it simple.
All the Best, Warren

SOCIAL
Dr Warren LINGER © 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Keys Engaging Screenagers Best Improve Their Learning Time

Thinking/Talking vs. Trying/Feedback: Engaging Screenagers

4 Steps To Curate A Safe Place To Fail: Engaging Screenagers