Is your blind quest for cash your fool’s errand? Tim Ferriss - Personal Coach

Your Personal Coach Doc Warren LINGER, Tim Ferriss Blind Quest for Cash Image Facebook #OptimalLifestyle #OptimalEngagement #Best-East-West-Life-Coach
DEFINITION: Giggers – those who have started (or what to start) their own Gig to live the New Gig Economy Lifestyle.
I kept trying over and over but why wasn’t it working? I just wasn’t getting through to him. I tried deveral different ways to explain it, but it wasn’t getting through.
Afterword, I asked myself why was it so difficult?  With my personal coach and mentor clients, and in classes where I teach a How to Become a Life Coach Certification course, we learn why we can develop our blind spots.
The “WHY do I do this to myself?” thing…
Can you reset your quest like Tim Ferriss? More later…
How do you rate? Do you know why people have blind spots?
Remember…
Quiz yourself at this end of this blog to see how you fair?

Doc Warren Lifestyle Coach here…


Watch to learn about Taylor Swift’s Secret of Support 2018.
Giggers, why do people have blind spots? As The New Rich are effective Entrepreneurs, they’ve learned to recognize why people have blind spots and work to overcome them for experiencing optimal lifestyles.  
Today we are aligning our Skill #7: Seeing Your Blind Spots with Gig Business Success Step-2: Know your CLAN.
The 5 Steps so you can build your Gig business to the next level and experience your optimal income.
Step-1: Use inexpensive digital marketing(Yes, for local small businesses, you can “set it and forget it” to get your BIG DATA too.)
Step-2: Know your CLAN and build them up(Get to KNOW THEM WELL.)
Step-3: Automate and outsource to streamline processes to reduce wasted activity and space. (Think Disney or McDonald’s.)
Step-4: Scale your business globally(E.g. A local bakery can sell an online eBook with recipes and Ideas for Entertaining.)
Step-5: Enjoy your Gig business optimal freedom lifestyle(Your goal is a 4-Hour Work Week.)
At the digital marketing workshop I attended this past weekend, I was trying to explain my Doctorate in Education to another participant. Many digital marketers are in the information business – they’re selling teaching and training.
Studying for my Master’s degree, I focused on learning about teacher communication and how to communicate so students could learn better. In my Doctor’s degree, I focused on how a teacher could communicate to motivate adult students to learn better in their training and development. My Doctoral degree is in Adult Education, Training and Development.
At the digital marketing workshop, I explained this over and over. I was trying to help my workshop mate understand. He had a blind spot in thinking anyone could just start selling training and training materials online. This is similar to dozens of others to whom I’ve explained it, as they all shared the same blind spot.
Why do we have blind spots? The majority of the time, we have blind spots because that’s all we have learned and experienced.
There are many digital marketers out there who have great content, but many more have not so great content. Only a few of them have some good teaching methods that truly help students learn. Again, many have a blind spot thinking they can just pack a few points on a slide deck, narrate it, and then be ready to sell it – done deal.
Have you ever taken an online course, thought you learned a lot, but did nothing with what you learned? That’s what we are talking about. I know, some of you are saying:
  • “There are many reasons for that,”
  • “I never learn well from ‘so and so’,” or
  • “I never learn well online.”
These may be true, but a highly qualified educator can eliminate or reduce most of these problems. You see, these problems could be due to learning style, or personality style differences.
That’s why it’s important for you to learn your most effective styles for learning, applying, and using practical information. A good trainer will help you with see these so you can tell yourself you feel confident as you learn. This is the same when you are learning about yourself or about your customer clans’ needs.

The blind quest for cash is a fool’s errand. Tim Ferriss

All the Best,
Your Personal Coach, Doc Warren Linger

Seeing Your Blind Spots. Exercise #3:

As a Gigger in the global Gig economy, why do you develop blind spots that keep you from building your Gig business to the next level?

Look at these examples where Giggers say why they developed blind spots and how they found ways to overcome them to feel confident and build their Gig business to support their customer clans.
  • That is the way we have always done it, so I will look for new ways.
  • I’ve seen it done this way in the past, so I will talk to others about how they do it better.
  • I don’t know any different ways to do it, so I will look for ways that make me feel more confident. 
Write 3 Gigger whys you may have developed blind spots and what you will do to overcome to build your Gig and for your customer clan.
Look at your list and attack 1 (only one at a time but do try a new one every month) idea to apply this week:
  1. Write your why you may create blind spots and how you can overcome them.
  2. List steps you see to overcome your whys to see opportunities and values for your clan.
  3. Give yourself a metric to measure progress. (e.g. I will set a list and get customer clan feedback and learn from them when they want.)
  4. Reward yourself after you have completed your steps to understand why we have blind spots.
Debrief: The point here is to get over your own “NO, I can’t,” response and develop yourself so you can have your business success and your optimal lifestyle.
If you are looking at this exercise and saying, “this feels awkward,” that is good. The important part is you will get used to it, as your life, family, and business depend on it.

The blind quest for cash is a fool’s errand. Tim Ferriss

NOTE: If you don’t learn to recognize your blind spots, you may soon join the 80% of small businesses that fail within the first 5 years!
PS: Next time you will learn another step on your Gigger Recognize Your Blind Spots path to success. If you would like more developing your Gig business to the next level and living your optimal lifestyle, email me at drwarren@cict.co.

Hope this helps.
Doc Warren Linger
@DrWarrenLINGER
PS You’ll also be able to join our private support groups on FB… so you’re never alone in getting your first few months of holiday vacation opening up.
We’ll all be there to celebrate your big successes, and to help you up if and when you should ever fall…


==> Email drwarren@cict.co NOW to coach yourself to your new optimal lifestyle freedom.
You can see examples of innovations for Optimal Experiences at JOIN THE CURATION: Google+.
Remember to engage tomorrow.
Following with you.
Keep it simple.
SOCIAL

Engagement background of Optimal Engagement Lifestyle
As a trainer and university lecturer in the USA, I had great success in my coaching, training, and classrooms by engaging my learners in ways I had learned from my Dale Carnegie Instructor Training. (optimal engagement)
After earning my Doctoral Degree researching engaging instruction in adult education and training and development, I started a training business in Hong Kong.
But something was wrong, I was struggling in this new culture (I’m a cattle rancher’s son from Colorado, USA) to find ways to inspire and motivate my coachees and students in Hong Kong.
With my coachees and in the classroom, I preferred having clients engage in learning activities instead of just talking. This is especially effective to keep clients engaged between coaching calls.
I struggled through trying several paper worksheets and workbooks to guide students, but I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. (junk engagement)
When the smart phone with the ability to search the internet came along, I could see my clients were curating (i.e. searching, finding, collecting, commenting, changing, remixing, and sharing.)
I thought, “Why not do that for learning?”, so I started asking them to answer questions, interact with information and colleagues, and go find examples of the learning content using their mobile devices.
eWorkbook development and success
I began searching for possibilities and I struggled testing several apps, until we created best practices using eWorkbooks, and after testing them, began to use eWorkbooks as my clients always had their devices with them.
Then we used eWorkbooks (Google Forms with the training slides as well as interactive questions, curating links and tasksexample images and videos, etc.) This became powerful for my coaching clients as they were able to share ideas and get the benefits of social learning even though they were not in the training course or classroom.
My clients [Engaging Screenagers] completed eWorkbooks using their mobile devices as they were learning interactively while, at the same time, they were developing habits of learning with their devices (optimal engagement) instead of killing time with them. (junk engagement)
Students used eWorkbooks to while I lead the discussion and guided them, and after they submitted their answers, they would get their responses sent to their inbox so they could review their learning Moments of Growth(optimal engagement)
Because the students’ responses from eWorkbooks go right into a spreadsheet in real-time, as the teacher I can monitor what students are doing to give them guidance in the moment, as well as track their learning develop over time.
Since those early days, I’ve had great luck supporting my coaching clients and entrepreneur friends use Google forms for 360° reviews for evaluations as well as use eBrochures and eMenus to test new ideas and actively engage and actively interact with customers.
All client info has been scrubbed of identifying information unless they have given me specific, written permission to quote them.
*Entrepreneurial Foundation>Success Skills adapted from World Life Skills Expert, Jill Raiguel’s awesome book, “The Next Step,” (1991) Amethyst Books, New York.
Your Personal Coach Doc Warren LINGER, Tim Ferriss Blind Quest for Cash Image Facebook #OptimalLifestyle #OptimalEngagement #Best-East-West-Life-Coach
Is your blind quest for cash your fool’s errand? Tim Ferriss Personal Coach
…see more https://cict.co/your-blind-quest-fools-errand-tim-ferriss/
Learn why you create blind spots and overcome them to add value to your customer clan so you can improve your business and build your optimal lifestyle. Can you reset your quest like Tim Ferriss? The New Rich learn to see their blind spots for optimal lifestyles.
#BestEastWestLifeCoach, #WarrenLINGER, #personalcoach, #howtobecomealifecoach, #whatisalifecoach, #leadershipcoaching, #coachingcertification, #lifecoachtraining, #lifecoachingcourse, #coachingcourse
Dr Warren LINGER © 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Keys Engaging Screenagers Best Improve Their Learning Time

Thinking/Talking vs. Trying/Feedback: Engaging Screenagers

6 Loves-Teachers and Students Analytics Engaging Screenagers