6 Tips: Improvment A-B Testing for Engaging Screenagers

Dr Warren LINGER Engaged Screenagers

6 Tips: Improvment A-B Testing for Engaging Screenagers

Over the last few days I’ve blogged about the benefits of tools for engagement and testing engagement tools, so yesterday when I received an email asking why I tested so much, I wasn’t surprised.
Here are some tips on doing testing tools to help you engage your screenagers.
Tip 1) Do A-B testing continually
Everyday digital marketers are doing what we call A-B testing where they will post 2 ads that are identical except for 1 specific detail.
They name 1 ad-A and the other, ad-B, they change only 1 detail to be different and hold all other variables constant, and then they post both ads to see which ad gets the most clicks. (most engaging)
After this test, they duplicate the ad with highest number of clicks, make another 1 detail change, and again post to see which ad gets more clicks, and the process continues.
Tip 2) Test everything all the time.
The biggies (most successful organizations) do A-B testing with most everything that customers, clients, students, etc., engage.  
In the Screenagers Movie they showed an example where a Screenager uploaded an image and if she didn’t get enough ‘Likes’ within a few hours, she pulled it off of the internet.
As this process is pervasive throughout the world, Engaging Screenagers expect to have the most engaging content, keywords, systems, images, videos, time of day, changes over time, etc.
Tip 3) Translate to other areas and test so more
Let me translate this to the role of a parent.
If I am using unpopular (old fashioned) terms or keywords in front of my kids and their friends, they respond with being offended or even insulted. (junk engagement)
As a teacher/instructor/trainer/speaker/etc. if I use outdated terms without defining them I loose my listeners quickly.


Dr Warren LINGER Engaged Screenagers
Dr Warren LINGER Engaged Screenagers










For that reason, I read and write for over three hours a day to help myself keep up with the latest engaging content, keywords, systems, images, videos, etc. (optimal engagement)
Tip 4) Read about and test everything—interesting and uninteresting to you
The most difficult part was learning to divide reading and writing to areas in which I am not interested, but because that is part of the role I play, that is what I do to better engage my audiences and what is interesting to them and creating more variety for all.
One teacher client of mine was complaining about this process, and I (kiddingly) asked her if she would want to work in a customer facing job where she was to A-B test all day, every day.
She got very quiet.
Spencer johnson talks about the need to be aware of the changing work environment in Who Moved My Cheese.

Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
When I began teaching in here in Hong Kong, I noticed the classrooms were quite different as students didn’t ask or answer questions for the benefit of whole class.
Tip 5) Share your test results and A-B test responses
One of the reasons why we have a group of people learning as a class is so all can share their ideas, experiences, applications, contexts, solutions, and learnings with other class members.
This sharing makes the whole room much more smart than any instructor could ever be.
Dale Carnegie talks about how we can grow so much more by sharing information with others.
As an instructor, I would share what I learned from class to class and do more A-B testing along the way.
In the past, this massive , sharing brain learning was great but was difficult to track.
Over a period of almost 5 years, I performed hundreds of trials to find ways, to use mobile devices, and as a result developed proven systems for higher/faster learning performance and better results (memory and retention).
(optimal engagement)

Nowadays, using interactive tools like eWorkbooks and collaborative Docs in my training courses, we can track this sharing, build on it, and provide explosively high ROI (yes, we can track ROI too) for both the learners and the organizations.
Tip 6) Keep testing to continue to provide variety and give life that spice
Don’t worry, I’ve not stopped (and plan to continue for as long as I am able) A-B testing ways to improve engagement for my Engaging Screenagers.
Wouldn’t it be great to have the best, A-B tested tools for Engaging Screenagers?
Won’t you stand a better chance of having those more deep, optimal moments of engagement with them when you use the best tools?
Can’t you imagine the long term value loss to them if we don’t keep testing for variety, interest, and importance?

Continually test better ways to engage and they’ll love it.

You can see examples of screen innovations for Optimal Experiences at JOIN THE CURATION: Google+.
Remember to engage tomorrow.
Following with you.
Keep it simple.
All the Best, Warren
SOCIAL
Dr Warren LINGER © 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Keys Engaging Screenagers Best Improve Their Learning Time

Thinking/Talking vs. Trying/Feedback: Engaging Screenagers

4 Steps To Curate A Safe Place To Fail: Engaging Screenagers